As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding travel safety, booking flexibility, and Hilton Honors membership Points and Status.
Your Travel Flexibility
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, please contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
Health and Hygiene
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
We have activated our regional and global response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.
Your Hilton Honors Points and Status
We know that earning Hilton Honors Points and Status is an important way we show appreciation. We also know the current travel environment may limit your ability to stay with us.
- We will pause the expiration of all points scheduled to expire between now and May 31, 2020.
- We will make updates to the requirements for earning tier status for 2021. Since the situation is still evolving, it is too early to make and announce specific changes. We are committed to sharing details as soon as possible.
At Hilton, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Whether you are traveling now or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with the Hilton hospitality you’ve come to expect.
Hilton Honors Co-Brand Credit Card Weekend Night Rewards – USA Only
The following adjustments are being made for Hilton Honors American Express Co-brand Card Holders in the U.S.:
- We are extending the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
- All Weekend Night Rewards issued before August 30, 2020 will be extended to expire August 31, 2021.
Hilton Honors Experiences
We are monitoring all active Experiences to ensure the safety of our members and provide maximum flexibility. For more information as it relates to event cancellations and Point refunds, please visit our FAQs page.