A Historic San Antonio Hotel near Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
Just A 10-Minute Walk From González Convention Center
The San Antonio convention center is just a half mile from the Emily Morgan hotel. On a pleasant San Antonio morning, it’s a leisurely ten-minute walk down Alamo Street to Market Street. If you’re traveling with a lot of conference materials (or just want to avoid the Texas heat), rideshares are readily available and typically cost $6.00 to $8.00 each way.
- Distance from Convention Center: 0.5 Miles
- Hotel Parking: $39 per Day + Applicable Taxes
- Convention Center Parking: $10.00 Flat Rate at 850 E. Commerce
- Rideshare Estimate: $6.00 to $8.00
Convention Center Accommodations
Make The Emily Morgan San Antonio – a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel your home base for your visit to the Henry B. González Convention Center. Whether you’re attending a conference, hosting a workshop, or showcasing your business at a tradeshow, you’ll love the historic, well-appointed accommodations and bespoke amenities of the city’s most iconic hotel. And if you’re a Texas resident, you’ll save 20% on your room!
During your stay, you'll enjoy:
- Sweet Dream DoubleTree Bed
- Free, Fast, Reliable WiFi
- Premier Waffle Cotton Robes
- Front Desk Text Message Service
- 24-Hour Business Center
- Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Service
- Ample Space for Your Convention Materials
- Spacious In-Room Work Desk
- Award-Winning Bar for Connecting with Colleagues
After a long day of seminars at the Henry B. González Convention Center, unwind with award-winning Southwestern fare at Oro Restaurant. In addition to being a great place to connect with your colleagues and fellow conference-goers, Oro’s elevated Texas cuisine and happy hour deals make it one of downtown San Antonio’s favorite dining destinations. It’s also the perfect place to start the day with a hot cup of coffee with a light breakfast or a hearty, Texas-inspired dish.
In the Heart of San Antonio
Just because you’re traveling for business doesn’t mean you can’t explore the best San Antonio has to offer. Not only is the Emily Morgan Hotel located directly across the street from the Alamo, it’s just a five-minute stroll from the picturesque River Walk, a mile from the Alamodome, and minutes from the city’s best bars and restaurants.
Attending an event at the San Antonio convention center with your team? The Emily Morgan Hotel offers convenient, easy-to-book room blocks. On top of an exclusive rate, your group will have full access to everything the city’s most iconic hotel has to offer. With upscale accommodations, modern business amenities, and plenty of congregating space, your team’s trip to San Antonio just got a serious upgrade.
For room block pricing and availability, fill out this quick, easy contact form!
Tale of Emily Tuesdays
If your function at the González Convention Center falls on a Tuesday, don’t miss the hotel’s Tale of Emily Tuesday! Join General Manager Kole Siefken in the lobby near the fireplace for appetizers, complimentary drinks including our signature Yellow Rose Martini, and the story of the hotel’s unique history.
Bring your pup along on your trip to San Antonio! Avoid the stress and hassle of boarding your dog and reserve one of the Emily Morgan Hotel’s pet friendly rooms. In addition to having great accommodations for you and the pooch, you’ll be minutes from the River Walk and the city’s best dog friendly restaurants!
González Convention Center Visitor Tips
Renovated in 2016, the Henry B. González Convention Center provides a state-of-the-art conference experience in the heart of San Antonio. The convention center brings people from around the world to the city, and if you’re preparing for your first visit to the venue, here are some insider tips for a productive, enjoyable event.
- The convention center is located along the River Walk. If you’re in the mood for a change of scenery, the riverfront benches provide a welcome reprieve from the crowds and forced air of the exhibition halls.
- Pack comfortable, functional shoes. The building spans 1,600,000 sq. ft, and you’re going to be doing a lot of walking.
- Even on San Antonio’s hottest days, the convention center’s air conditioning can get chilly. Bring a light sweater just in case.
- Forget your sunglasses? Need a charger? The convention center is located across the street from the Shops at Rivercenter, a premium mall featuring great dining, a drug store, a wireless store, and tons of fashion options.
- If you’re not in the mood for another day of convention center food, don’t worry. Great restaurants like Bar Rojo, Luciano Ristorante Italiano, and Yard House are great alternatives and steps from the venue.
Major Conventions and Expos
Throughout the year, the Henry B. González Convention Center hosts conventions, trade shows, and expos from dozens of industries. Whether you’re a dentist, football coach, or geophysicist, your just might find yourself at San Antonio’s world-class convention center sometime this year.