Rich in history, our intimate and elegant hotel offers a warm welcome to all guests that pass through our doors. With 177 guest rooms and suites, an award-winning restaurant and bar, outdoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, and complimentary WiFi, the Emily Morgan Hotel provides you with the ultimate guest experience.
Our Services & Amenities
- Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree bed
- 100% non-smoking rooms
- ADA accessible rooms and amenities available
- Free WiFi
- LCDC HDTV
- Executive Work Desk & Ergonomic Desk Chair
- Two line speakerphone & voicemail system
- iHome clock radio
- Coffee maker
- Iron & ironing board
- Premium waffle cotton bathrobe
- Hair dryer
- Daily newspaper
- Black-out curtains
- In-room safe
- What time can I check-in? 4:00 p.m.
- What time do I need to check-out by? 12:00 p.m.
- Can I bring my four-legged friend along? Pets are allowed (maximum size of 50 lbs). A $50 non-refundable pet deposit is required.
- I'm driving into town, where can I park my car? We offer valet parking with unlimited in/out privileges for $35 per day + applicable taxes
- Is a shuttle service available? Yes - we offer complimentary drop off service within a 3 mile radius based on availability.
- Is the Internet free? Sure is - we offer complimentary wireless Internet.
- Local Airport: San Antonio International Airport is roughly 8.5 miles from the property.
- Is there public transportation? Check out VIA Metropolitan Transit, the public transportation service for San Antonio. VIA provides bus service, paratransit service for riders with disabilities, vanpool service, and special event park & ride service.
What's Happening in San Antonio?
We offer a complimentary drop off service to these locations and anything within a 3 mile radius:
- The Alamo - adjacent from hotel
- The River Walk - two blocks from hotel
- Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center - 0.6 mile from hotel
- Historic Market Square - 1.0 mile from hotel
- Alamodome - 1.1 miles from hotel
- Pearl District - 1.5 miles from hotel
Important Historic Dates
- 1924 - The thirteen-story Medical Arts Building is built by architect Ralph Cameron and developer JM Nix
- 1976 - The building is converted into an office space
- 1977 - Recognized by the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Alamo Plaza Historic District
- 1984 - The Emily Morgan Hotel opens to the public
- 2010 - The Emily Morgan Hotel receives AIA San Antonio's Twenty-Five Year Distinguished Building Award
- 2012 - The Emily Morgan undergoes a multi-million dollar renovation and joins the DoubleTree by Hilton family
- 2015 - The Emily Morgan Hotel is inducted into the Historic Hotels of America organization.
- Smoking Policy: 100% non-smoking
- Firearms Policy: Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (Trespass by License Holder with a Concealed Handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (Handgun Licensing Law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (Trespass by License Holder with an Openly Carried Handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (Handgun Licensing Law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.