Events in San Antonio - Fall 2014
Looking for family-friendly things to do in San Antonio this fall? You're in luck! San Antonio hosts an array of exciting events for all ages. From festivals to golf tournaments to annual parades, San Antonio takes pride in creating a variety of activities and unique experiences for travelers to enjoy a taste of local culture. With so many exciting things to do in San Antonio throughout the fall, your family is bound to appreciate the Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton's perfect downtown location. Our convenient location and helpful staff make it easy for our guests to get to any event in San Antonio!
SeaWorld San Antonio invites visitors to explore the 'terror-tories' and haunted mazes at Howl-O-Scream. Whether you challenge yourself to the Frightmare Forest Maze or make a visit to Vampire Point you are in for a spooky time at SeaWorld. Make it a long, memorable weekend for the entire family by booking our Family Fun Package
- When: Weekends through October 31, 2014
- Where: Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld
- Distance from hotel: 18.4 miles
The 2014 San Antonio Beer Festival features more than 200 craft and premium beers, live music, delicious food, and activities. Don't like beer? The event accommodates wine lovers as well by incorporating wine tastings.
- When: Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Where: Maverick Park
- Distance from hotel: 0.8 mile
The 30th Annual AT&T Championship golf tournament is a six day event with Pro-Am, Junior Pro-Am, and Championship play. Spectators are invited to AT&T Canyon's Course for the exciting tournament that has raised over $6.1 million in donations to date. When you're not watching the pros play, get a round in yourself at one of these nearby golf courses.
- When: Monday, October 20, 2014 - Sunday, October 26, 2014
- Where: AT&T Canyons Course
- Distance from hotel: 21.2 miles
Since 2007 the San Antonio Zombie walk has brought together zombie enthusiasts for an exciting night of taking over the city as one large zombie mob. Attendees, come prepared with an elaborate costume, makeup, and of course, fake blood.
- When: Sunday, October 26, 2014
- Where: Hemisfair Tower
- Distance from hotel: 0.3 mile
Trick-or-treat your way through the 25-acre theme park this Halloween! Dress up in a 'more-delightful-than-frightful' costume and explore the various attractions Morgan's Wonderful has to offer. Bring the family as the park offers rides and activities suitable for children of all ages and abilities.
- When: Friday, October 31, 2014
- Where: Morgan's Wonderland
- Distance from hotel: 11.8 miles
The traditional Mexican celebration, Dia De Los Muertos, honors the passing of loved ones with artwork, poetry readings, costumes, and more. Participate in the citywide event or roam the streets taking in the various cultural displays. Once you work up an appetite, join us at our very own ORO restaurant for a Texas-inspired meal.
- When: Saturday, November 1, 2014 - Sunday, November 2, 2014
- Where: La Villita
- Distance from hotel: 0.6 mile
Join the party at the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center. The Dia De Los Muertos: Fifth Element Ball 2014 features music, dance, plus free food and beer. Be sure to paint on your best skeleton face and head to the ball!
- When: Saturday, November 1, 2014
- Where: Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center
- Distance from hotel: 2.5 miles
Held on the Friday following Thanksgiving, the popular Ford Holiday river parade and lighting ceremony draws in over 150,000 excited people ready to kick-off the holiday season. Wave at costumed parade participants as they glide down the river on decorated floats. Pop in to one of these restaurants on the River Walk for a delicious meal afterward.
- When: Friday, November 28, 2014
- Where: San Antonio River Walk
- Distance from hotel: 0.4 mile
Join us at ORO Restaurant and Bar for Thanksgiving Lunch! Our new chef has prepared a festive menu for guests and locals to enjoy this holiday. Dine on roasted turkey with cranberry sauce from the carving station, marshmallow sweet potatoes, pie and more!
- When: Thursday, November 27, 2014
- Where: ORO Restaurant and Bar
- Distance from hotel: Located in the Hotel
During the holiday season, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is turned into a winter wonderland. Meet Santa, listen to spirited carolers, and ice skate at Frostee's Skating Rink. As you hop on and off of thrilling rides and attractions be sure to take in the thousands of twinkling lights decorating the theme park. Spend the evening in San Antonio and book our parking package to make your experience seamless.
- When: Friday, November 28, 2014 - Sunday, January 4, 2014
- Where: Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Distance from hotel: 16.1 miles