Explore the San Antonio River Walk
Since 1939 the San Antonio River Walk has been a centerpiece of the city. Featuring over five miles of restaurants, shops, bars, and attractions, the River Walk is a beautiful and exciting space for tourists and locals who want to enjoy San Antonio's warm sunshine and take in the vibrant culture. Just two blocks away from the historic destination stands the Emily Morgan - a DoubleTree by Hilton, making it an ideal River Walk hotel. Browse through some of the most popular attractions and important tips before visiting the San Antonio River Walk.
Walking Directions from Hotel
Exit the front entrance and turn right onto East Houston St. Turn left onto Alamo St. Across the street from the Alamo entrance on the right hand side is a staircase that leads to the River Walk.
The River Walk has something for every palate. Indulge in southwestern specialties, seafood, steak and more.
- Boudros - A Texas bistro on the River Walk serving up southwestern specialties and seafood fresh from the Gulf.
- Little Rhein Steak House - Known for hosting celebrities throughout the years, The Little Rhein Steak House is one of San Antonio's most historic restaurants. Enjoy delicious steaks and fine wine.
- Biga on the Banks - A fine dining restaurant offering gourmet dishes, fresh ingredients, and culinary creativity.
- Bella on the River - Enjoy a Mediterranean meal in the intimate dining room at Bella on the River. Featuring candle-lit tables, a wine bar, and a friendly staff Bella's is perfect for a special night out.
A vibrant nightlife awaits you along the San Antonio River Walk! Listen to live music, sip on cocktails, and dance the night away at one of these hot spots.
- Aztec Lounge - Located in the historic Aztec Theatre, the two-story lounge features 4 bars and large dance floor.
- Soho - A classy wine and martini bar located in downtown San Antonio, SoHo is where you can find most locals enjoying cocktails and swapping stories.
- Howl at the Moon - You won't want to miss this live music show featuring dueling pianos and a lively crowd.
- The Esquire Tavern - The oldest bar on the River Walk, The Esquire Tavern has been voted 'Top 10 Restaurants You Should Try When Visiting San Antonio' by the Culture Trip.
Shop 'Til You Drop
Shop your way through San Antonio. Buy delicious bites to eat, the latest trends, local art work, and souvenirs for your friends back home.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - For those with a sweet tooth, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is your one stop shop for handmade chocolates and treats.
- Kangaroo Court Cheesecakes - Indulge in the world-famous cheesecake from Kangaroo Court. Pick up a slice or two, available at the Original Mexican Restaurant.
- Rivercenter Mall - More than 100 retailers, 6 restaurants, and a movie theater make Rivercenter Mall a premier shopping center.
- La Villita - In this Historic village you will find shops and galleries filled with the work of local artists, plus authentic San Antonio cuisine.
Top Attractions & Events
Featuring annual events and exciting attractions, there is always something happening on the River Walk.
- Farmers Market at Pearl Brewery - Local vendors travel from a 150 mile radius to bring you their best seasonal products every Saturday in front of the historic Pearly Brewery.
- La Villita - Shop, dine, and celebrate the rich San Antonio culture at La Villita's annual festivals and concerts.
- Cafe Ole River Boat Dining - Hop on a river boat and enjoy a delicious Mexican meal along the River Walk. Every Friday and Saturday, Cafe Ole offers community or private river boat dining.
Know Before You Go
We asked our staff for some of their best tips to ensure a memorable visit to the San Antonio River Walk. Here is some of their advice:
- Parking Meters are free Monday - Saturday from 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM and all day on Sundays and Holidays.
- City operated parking garages offer free parking downtown on Tuesday from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
- Many local businesses provide parking specials and discounts, so be sure to ask.
- We're a pet-friendly hotel and many businesses in San Antonio are becoming pet-friendly as well, including several restaurants on the River Walk. Call ahead to check with the restaurant before you go
For more information visit the San Antonio River Walk Official Page.